Governors bring many skills and experiences to their role in supporting, promoting and protecting the interests of the school, its pupils and staff. They are also an important link between the school and the local community and are all committed to their role of providing support and guidance to ensure good quality education, whilst respecting the professional roles of the Headteacher and other staff for the management of the school.
Governors have a number of responsibilities including:
- Setting the strategic direction of the school and agreeing policies and objectives
- Monitoring the curriculum
- Reviewing and approving the school’s budget
- Monitoring pupil progress
- Appointing the Head Teacher
The Governors meet formally several times a year either as committees or as a Full Governing Body.
Governors can be contacted on the following email: