Walderslade Girls’ School offers this prestigious award at Bronze level from Year 9 and at Silver level from Year 10
Bronze / Silver Award – Year 9 and upwards
Participants can achieve an Award by completing a personal programme of activities in four sections:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey
Activities for each DofE section take a minimum of one hour a week over a set period of time, so they can be fitted in around academic study, hobbies and social lives.
- Volunteering section: three months
- Physical section: three months
- Skills section: three months
- Expedition section: two days / one night
- You also have to do three more months in one of the Volunteering, Physical or Skills sections.
- Volunteering section: six months
- Physical and Skills sections: One section for six months and the other section for three months
- Expedition section: three days / two nights
- If you didn’t do Bronze, you must undertake a further six months in either the Volunteering or the longer of the Physical or Skills sections.
The expedition on foot is planned by the students and a practice one undertaken prior to the assessed one. These are held at Bexon Lane Campsite.
For more details on levels and timescales please visit the Duke of Edinburgh Award website here.